Vote Today MontcoEarly registration and mobilization initiative 2020
- Montgomery County
- Pop-Up Rallies
- Neighborhood/Block Pop-Ups
- Direct Voter Information Provision
- Car Caravans
- Mobile Advertising
a few wins
- 8000+ Direct Community Touches
- New Facebook Community 200+ within 3 weeks
- Media Coverage
- Tight Planning Window
- National Unrest/Uncertainty
Website | Social Media
There was a lot of uncertainty and unrest across the country regarding the mail-in ballot with Pennsylvania being the epicenter. In October, we were activated to educate and mobilize Montgomery County, the 3rd largest county in PA to ensure that the community understood that they knew they were living during an historic period and how to take advantage of it. This “Golden Window” was the greatest access to voting in the Commonwealth. Residents could register by mail, request their mail-in ballot, and cast their ballot in the same day if they chose to do so. Unprecedented!
As we danced on the street corners in Norristown armed with accurate information and great volunteers and other community leaders, everyone we encountered was pleased to chat and ask as many question as they wished. We must say that the “Vote Today Montco” hoodies that we were able to give out were wildly popular.
Our efforts continued with dedicated activists (like Adrian Seltzer, Rae Dean The Collective-Norristown, Jamie Mogil, Donnell Drinks (G.R.O.W.N.), Springfield Township Commissioner Eddie Graham, and community organizer Steve Ferguson and so many more) throughout the neighborhoods, stores, and barbershops to get them the resources to mobilize voters in their area by holding their own pop-up celebration for our 1st annual “Vote-Topia.” Vote-Topia was our countywide voter mobilization celebration in which we had local neighborhood pop-ups in Norristown, Cheltenham, and Pottstown, and also larger pop-up rallies with food, entertainment, and music in Norristown and Lansdale.
We manned the satellite centers during peak times, did a door hanging campaign, and posted QR codes in stores in the main shopping plazas. We were definitely busy!
After this “Golden Window,” we continued our mobilization efforts with
- Additional Pop-Up Rallies
- A Car Caravan through Cheltenham and Wyncote- Rain couldn’t stop us!
- Roving Voter Support services on Election Day
- Visiting polling sites across Montgomery signing and placing signs with our “hotline number” in case their were any long lines in which case we would provide pizza, chairs and whatever else was necessary to make voters were comfortable if they had to wait
- Funnel cake and hot dog truck at Stewart Middle School in Norristown
We’d like to think that we played a significant role in Montgomery County, PA which had the highest voter turnout in the state.
“Largest Voter Turnout in Pennsylvania
79.1% Turnout (which was an increase of 10.8 pts in the 2016 election)
Over 13,000 Pieces of Literature Distributed
8 New Community Partners”