The pennsylvania black health matters conference
annual health conference
Community Hero Action Group develops, organizes, and produces an annual health conference that is free to the public, filled with topics that are germane to the Black community. To date, the content has been delivered by over 95% Black clinicians, physicians, and subject matter experts. We have hosted both successful virtual and hybrid events.
We connected with over 70 organizations and individuals to bring this free content to the community.
View Brewing Guides
We honored the input of the community, grassroots organizations, and partners to identify the topics that they wished to hear more about.
We advanced the voice of our community members, by gathering political, community, and non-profit leaders together to discuss community policies and programming with direct impact on the Black community.
View Brewing Guides
Our conference has grown exponentially year after year, bringing more needed education, empowerment, and hands-on services to the community.
- Eight Hours of Live Programming
- 92% of Programming presented by Black physicians and subject matter experts
- US Senator Bob Casey and Secretary of Aging, Fox 29 Host Shaina Humphries, were amongst the day’s distinguished panelists and hosts.
- Survey Attendees 93% Approval
- Seven days of live and recorded programming
- 95% of programming presented by Black physicians and subject matter experts.
- Daily Themes
- Monday-Policy and Legislation Day
- Tuesday- Chronic Illness Day
- Wednesday- Women’s Wellness Day
- Thursday-Mental Wellness Day; Friday-Housing and Health Day
- Saturday- Health in Action Day (live events); Partnered with other groups around the Commonwealth to host in-person events that were meaningful to their respective communities. Near CHAG’s home base, we hosted our Health in Action Day at the historic Elkins Park Estate (Urban Farm).
- Sunday-Day of Healing
- Daily Virtual “Laughter is Medicine” Comedy Lounge
- All Senate Candidates invited to share most important policy issues impacting the Black community. John Fetterman, Connor Lamb, and responded. Click Here to Watch Videos.
- Community leaders and politicians were asked to share their thoughts on most important issues facing the Black community.